Spring / Summer 2013 Pastel Trend: Top 10 Pastel Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!
Spring/summer 2013 is just around the corner and I for one can’t wait to get my hands on some pastel coloured shoes! These summer pastel shoes are an extension of the wider pastel fashion trend taking place this year. While we often see the pastel trend make an appearance during the summer months, it’s done so in a big way this year.
Reminiscent of Ladurée macarons, this sugary sweet trend was strewn across the spring/summer 2013 forecasts throughout fashion weeks last year. Designers such as Mulberry, Erdem, Elie Saab, Peter Som and Louis Vuitton presented several delicious shades of sorbet pastel fashion pieces ranging from mint green bags to blush pink coats. Following the wider pastel fashion trend, shoes have slowly started to turn brighter shades of feminine blues, pinks, purples, greens and yellows.
Having at least one pair this summer is a must, so here is my list of the top 10 pastel coloured shoes I have come across for spring/summer 2013 – some within my price range and others far out of it! I hope this top 10 inspires you to get a pastel shoe (or two) in your closet and on your feet this spring! If you’re considering a pastel themed wedding this summer, you may also want to consider or two of these to match your pastel theme. Let me know which is your favourite.
1. Pastel Blue Shoe from Elisabetta Franchi for Celyn b
2. Cream and Peach Flat Sandal Jeny by Pastelle
3. Pastel Pink Corsage Peep Toe Shoe from ASOS
4. Pastel Pink Peach Strappy Heel from Diane Von Furstenberg
5. Pastel Blue Strappy Sandal Heels from Giorgio Armani
6. Pastel Pink Peach Wedges from Pura Lopez
7. Mint Green Leather Pointed Platforms from ASOS
8. Mint Green Ballet Flats from eBay
9. Pastel Purple Kitten Heel Shoes from Bruno Magli
10. Cream Wedge Court Shoe from Wallis