Vintage Style Longline Bra
I have recently started crushing on longline bras. I bought my first longline bralette bra from Boux Avenue a few weeks ago and it’s already by go-to bra. I am so glad that these have “come back into fashion”, as they remind me of the glamourous corsetry and lingerie of vintage years gone by.
I point your attention to that word deliberately in case you think I have actually turned into a 50s housewife. For the record, I do not think we should go back to an obligation to stuff our bodies into metal or bone lined contraptions. I’m totally behind Lady Duff-Gordon and her efforts to deviate undergarments from restrictive corsetry.
Suiting curvier figures that opt for leaving a little something to the imagination, this bra form is classically sexy while also being surprisingly comfortable. So, I’m now on the hunt for a collection of these lovely pieces and thought I would share my findings so far with you. If you know of any other places that supply vintage inspired longline bras, let me know!
The top three vintage inspired longline bras…
Other vintage inspired longline bra options…
4. Light Cream ‘Ooh La La’ Longline Strapless Bra, Gossard, £34
5. Teal Two Tone Bra, New Look, £14.99
6. Black Maitresse Bullet Bra, What Katie Did, £31
7. Myleene Klass Lace and Mesh Longline Bra, Very, £20
8. Freya Deco Shape Moulded Strapless Bra, Figleaves, £40
9. Boudoir Lace And Satin Longline Bra, ASOS, £20
10. Lepel Charlotte Bustier Bra – Black/Nude, The Bra Closet, £25.50